Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Little Bit of Bubbly

Over the last several years I have attended probably 10 weddings or more (including my own) and in that time I have learned at least one important thing: I like sparkling wine. Champagne, prosecco, cava…it’s all tasty to me. It’s also fun and festive. The one drawback is that once you pop open a bottle, it doesn’t last. And it’s hard for two people to consume an entire bottle on anything resembling a regular basis (well it is hard for Jason and me, at least). From time to time we buy half-size bottles for weeknights or other times when a glass or two will do. But even that can be difficult when, for instance, I am in the mood for a glass but Jason isn’t.

So you can imagine my excitement when I discovered these little babies….


People, this is sparkling wine In A CAN! And it comes with its own straw!


Portion control perfection! And it’s not some crappy sparkling wine, either (in my opinion anyway); it’s Francis Ford Coppola’s Sofia which I first enjoyed on my wedding day as I got ready with my bridesmaids. It’s a little sweeter than a champagne, maybe, but not overly so (and believe me, I don't like sweet wine).

This fun idea was first brought to my attention when Jason and I went with friends to Galaxy Hut, a little bar in Arlington that we like because of its low key vibe and excellent craft beer selection.  So you can imagine my surprise when I saw “Sofia Sippy Can” listed on the menu. Unfortunately, I already had a beverage in hand but made a mental note to see if I could find these elsewhere. Cue our weekend trip to Total Wine and voila- a fun find perfect for low key evenings at home, picnics, or maybe even a bachelorette party!

No comments:

Post a Comment