Thursday, August 5, 2010

Worst Day Ever

Ok, so maybe that is a bit of an overstatement. It was pretty sucky.

My original plan was to write a post about how, in an effort to adjust to my new commute, I'm exploring how to take leftovers and turn them into exciting new meals. For instance, last night I made the Thai beef salad I've told you all about. The plan was take the some of the leftover meat and make Vietnamese Beef Sandwiches from Everyday Food's Great Food Fast. But that plan went up in smoke when it took me over two hours to get home today.

You read that right. It took me MORE THAN TWO HOURS to get home. TWO HOURS. UGH.

Today was the first day of a week of driving back and forth to Baltimore for work. In the past when I have had to do this it has taken me a little more than an hour. But, for some reason, the traffic gods were not with me today. Pretty much every road I had to take to get home was backed up, which meant that although I left at 4:45, I did not get home until after 7.

So instead of interesting, delicious sandwiches, we had sliced beef and Swiss.

I guess some days you just can't win.

All I can say is THANK GOODNESS tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment