Sunday, April 10, 2011

Catching Up

Once again I have to apologize for the utter lack of posting this week. It was rough one, y'all. Between a crazy amount of work and the chaotic uncertainty that came with agonizing over and then preparing for a government shutdown (which thankfully did not end up happening), I came home each day physically and emotionally spent. I've spent the better part of this weekend trying to catch up from all that while still getting things done and having a little fun in the process.

Yesterday Jason and I swung by the home site after a few errands and lunch at Dogfish Head Ale House-- progress continues! Then Jason decided he would teach me to learn how to drive stick in the parking lot of a middle school down the road. My first lesson was not very successful. I think I managed to stall out 4 times in a row. And this was in a relatively flat and open parking lot! Perhaps we'll try again soon.

This morning we walked to Clarendon and had breakfast at Northside Social which was definitely a nice way to start the day. I've also treated myself to a little online retail therapy thanks to a JCrew gift card and the Friends and Family sale at Ann Taylor Loft. I plan to spend the rest of the day relaxing--reading Tina Fey's new book Bossypants (which I bought to read on my Kindle yesterday), perhaps baking some bread, and enjoying my latest obsession--grapefruit spritzers (half pink grapefruit juice and half seltzer water).

Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be rested and ready to face another work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment