Sunday, October 16, 2011

Catching Up

New/additional work responsibilities + work travel + cold season + a new house that needs tendin' to = not much time to blog these days. Sorry about that. I'm going to *try* and be better about keeping up with things over the next couple of months.

In the meantime, here is a snippet of what I/we have been up to lately....

-Making no-sew faux Roman shades for the kitchen. I picked a cool geographic patterned fabric (in my favorite apple green) from Fabric.com and followed the tutorial I found on this blog. Apparently it is so easy even a non-crafty person like me can do it!



- Enjoying all things pumpkin! Pumpkins of various shapes and sizes for our front stoop, main level, and loft level; making pumpkin bread (got some in the oven right now!) and drinking pumpkin beer at a local Oktoberfest.

-Generally trying to make the house feel more like home. Everything is 99% unpacked and put away now so we're focused now on plotting out what other projects and purchases we want/need to make over the next several months. Jason's been focusing on the garage and has already put up a number of shelves to help make the most of our storage space. I've been looking for kitchen counter stools, living room chairs, rugs and some potential new art for the walls. We've made some progress but are trying to prioritize so we don't go too crazy all at once (which I am finding somewhat difficult).

At some point soon I hope to get back into the swing of things, cooking wise. Lately its been all about quick and easy and/or the grill....with some frozen food from Trader Joe's thrown in for good measure.

In other news....Food & Wine's annual Thanksgiving issue arrived last week. You know what that means...let the obsession begin!

1 comment: