Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Web Wednesday 2.0 (and a Pet Peeve)

Tonight I am making an oldie but goodie for dinner so I thought I’d share some things making their way around the web right now.

How to Order Thai Food like a Native found via Slashfood. I love Thai food. But I am usually so intimidated by the menu I almost always order a curry or Pad Thai. This interesting article has given me some inspiration to try something new during our next visit.

Confessions of a Young Married Couple is one of my favorite blogs. It provides a glimpse into the life of a twenty-something couple navigating the crazy ride that is marriage (hmm...sounds familiar). While a lot of it focuses on their life now that they have an adorable one year old son (affectionately referred to as Bean), it is nice to see someone else go through the ups and downs of marriage with grace and a whole lot of humor. This recent post reminded me that a) it’s the little things that keep a marriage going and b) I should really use my china more often!

No Bake Straweberry Icebox Cake from The Kitchn. OMG. This looks AMAZING. I might have found a future book club contribution!

Pet Peeve: Pop Culture Edition
Have y’all ever noticed that every movie that is supposed to take place during “ancient times” (e.g., Roman Empire, Greek Empire, etc.) features actors using British accents? No really...think about it. Gladiator did it. Troy did it. And now that new Jake Gyllenhal movie Prince of Persia or whatever is doing it. Every time a preview for that movie comes on, I wind up yelling at the TV, telling it that Great Britain as we know it didn’t even exist during those times so why in the heck are all the actors using (in some instance VERY FAKE) British accents?!? Seriously. IT DRIVES ME INSANE!

Ok, rant over. Phew. I feel better :) Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment