Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Web Wednesday

I have a serious case of the blahs this week. I don’t know if it’s the crappy weather we’ve been having the last couple of days, a general sense of ennui with my current routine, or what, but I’ve been incredibly tired and generally apathetic about almost everything. I made myself go to the gym today in hopes that it would put some pep in my step but no such luck. I still feel like doing a whole lot of nothing. Which is why I very nicely asked Jason if he could pick something up for dinner on his way home from work (thank goodness for Rocklands!)  That’s right I am so tired and blah-ed out that I don’t even want to cook.

So instead of a recipe post or even a random musing on married life, I decided to share few links with you that have caught my interest over the last few days. Hopefully they will tide you over until my usual energy returns!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4482102_pots-pans-natural-green-cheap.html I have a baking sheet that looks like it’s been through the wringer. I blame it on the fact that I have let it sit in soapy water for longer than it should. I am going to give this a try sometime soon and see if I can restore it to its former glory.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/05/how-to-make-pitcher-drinks-summer-cocktails-recipes.html We don’t have ability to entertain outdoors at the moment but I am dreaming of the day we do. And you better believe I will be making some tasty pitcher drinks to celebrate (I may use some of these good ideas –such as freezing ice in a oj concentrate tube so it will melt slower—the next time I host book club…who says pitcher drinks are just for barbeques?!)

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/04/knife-skills-how-to-sharpen-a-knife.html This just seems like an invaluable skill to have.

http://www.expressnightout.com/content/2010/05/go-ape-rockville-lake-needwood-park.php My friend Jenny and her husband Dan (who are, by the way, two of the nicest people around) just opened Go Ape, an outdoor adventure course, in Rockville, MD. I am always so inspired (and a bit envious) of people who have the guts to strike out on their own. And from the looks of it, Jenny and Dan are going to be quite successful! Despite my issue with heights, I may have to Go Ape sometime soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment