Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer BBQ Ideas

If Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer, then the 4th of July means summer is in full swing! When I think of the 4th of July I think about fireworks, ice cream, BBQs, and anything cooked on a grill. Although we are foregoing the fireworks on the National Mall this year (last year we watched them from a boat on the Potomac River-- not sure we'll be able to top that!), I think we've got everything else covered. I've got my eyes set on a David Lebovitz recipe for blueberry frozen yogurt (check back later in the week for that) and some friends have invited us to a BBQ on Monday that should be chock full of grilled deliciousness. I've been tapped to bring dessert for this shindig and I'm currently deciding between blackberry summer cake (a variation on that awesome strawberry summer cake I made last week) or berry crumb bars.

In case you too are trying to decide what to make for a BBQ, here are a few ideas to get you started:
Whatever you do this weekend, I wish you all a safe and happy 4th!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for the bbq ideas, I will try to implement these in my brother's next bbq party. I was hoping to get some new recipes for the same because, I love to cook and when people appreciate it.


    bbq ideas for parties

    ReplyDelete