Friday, April 6, 2012

More Exciting News

Well, apparently my maternal instincts are still under development because I was 100% wrong about the sex of our child. We are having a girl!

First, I have to say the 20 week scan was pretty crazy-- heart, brain, kidneys, bones...you get to see it all. So I was already a little overwhelmed when half way through our ultrasound technician said (in a sing song voice) "I know what you're having!" Followed a few seconds later with "it's a girl!"

My first reaction was "It's a GIRL?! Are you sure??" And then I immediately started crying. Silent, happy tears, but tears nonetheless. I am pretty sure I would have cried regardless- hearing whether the baby was a boy or girl just made it all very real for the first time.

Jason's first reaction was "you were WRONG!" I think he was more excited about the fact that he was right and I was wrong than the news itself.

I am still a little in disbelief.

But we have a picture to prove it. Let's just say our little girl was not at all being modest and our technician printed out a picture with an arrow pointing to her lady parts to prove that she is not, in fact, a he.

Pretty exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment