Sunday, April 1, 2012

Surprise!

So I've been keeping something from you all for the last several months and I think I am finally ready to share it...

Are you ready?!

Jason and I are having a baby! That's right...come late August we will be plunging head first into parenthood with a little one along for the (wild) ride.

Although I am already 19 weeks (wow!) along, we are really still breaking the news to those around us. Here are the top few questions I seem to get whenever someone new finds out our good news:

1. Are you excited?

Uh, yes. We are excited. And nervous. And overwhelmed. And about everything else you can imagine a newly expectant parent to be.

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good! I have been pretty lucky so far (knock on wood). No morning sickness. I was pretty exhausted during the first trimester (as in passed out on the couch/went to bed between 8:30-9 most nights--yet another reason this blog has been a little sparse as of late) but that has improved significantly in the last couple weeks.

3. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?

Nope--as evident in the fact that we often refer to the future baby as whatever fruit or vegetable it is closest in size to in a given week). But we are definitely planning to find out ahead of time-- hopefully this coming week when I go in for my 20 week ultrasound! I. Can't. Wait.

4. Are you showing yet?

A little bit. I went out and bought my first real maternity clothes today (more on that later). Until now, I'd been relying on low-rise jeans and the Be-Band but last week marked the end of any pants I own actually buttoning so I thought it was time to suck it up and get some new threads. I am in that unfortunate middle stage of not looking like my normal self but also not looking pregnant either-- most people who don't know probably think I've put on a few pounds. I'm hoping the "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant" stage will pass by pretty soon.

5. Is this blog going to become one of those annoying pregnancy/baby/mom blogs?

Ok, I just made that one up--no one's actually asked that. Nevertheless, I promise not to let this become a permanent baby blog. But given that this whole having a baby thing is on my mind quite a bit of late, it is likely that it will be referred to from time to time :) I am hoping, though, that the recent increase in energy will give rise to more cooking. And more home improvement projects to share. In the meantime, I hope you will stick around for the ride!!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Lindsay! I'm so excited for you and Jason. You're going to be great parents. Looking forward to some easy family friendly meals and some fun kid food (i.e., I'm totally ok if your blog becomes a mommy blog).

    I hope the rest of your pregnancy continues to be happy and healthy. Sammy is looking forward to having a boy around the same age to be friends with, so I'm rooting for a boy!

    ReplyDelete