Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fun Weekend Project Idea II

Remember back in February (not long after launching this blog) I saw a recipe on Serious Eats for making homemade goat cheese and blogged about how it seemed like a fun idea and then I actually made it!

Well I have another fun weekend project idea in the making....again from Serious Eats. This time? Peanut Butter Graham Crackers....from scratch! Check this out:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/04/bread-baking-peanut-butter-graham-crackers-recipes.html
I was just thinking yesterday that I should buy some graham crackers for a relatively healthy treat to keep around the house. Ok, to be honest, it started out with Jason mentioning camping which makes me think about Smores which then led to thinking about graham crackers (see how it all connects?). So when I saw this recipe, it was like the people at Serious Eats were reading my mind-- not only am I in the mood for graham crackers but peanut butter is one of my favorite things on earth (I can't buy it anymore because when I do I end up eating the whole jar...by the spoonful).

The only thing holding me back from high tailing it to the grocery store to make sure I have all the ingredients (I think all I am actually missing is the peanut butter) is that it requires a lot of rolling dough and the limited counter space in my current kitchen makes that difficult. But I might be willing to make an exception for this....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment