Monday, October 11, 2010

Wedding Shower Brunch, Part 3

When we last left off I was sharing the breakfast recipes I made as part of my friend Lauren’s bridal brunch.  In addition the quiche, muffins, and pumpkin bread, I also had a few lunch items as part of the spread. Namely, gazpacho pasta salad (which you will remember from last April’s Foxfield Races tailgate) and ham rolls.

The ham rolls recipe is a tried and true family favorite. My mom used to make them for parties when I was growing up and I have made them many times myself—for book club, for New Years Eve, for the Super Bowl, for lunch before Thanksgiving dinner, and now for a wedding shower. They are easy and always a crowd-pleaser.  They never last long and Lauren’s shower was no exception---much to poor Jason’s disappointment.


Ham Rolls
(Not sure where the original recipe came from)

Ingredients:
2 TBL finely grated onion
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup softened butter
2 dozen small dinner or party-style rolls
Thinly sliced ham and swiss cheese

1.In a small bowl, mix first 4 ingredients together until well-blended.
2.Split the rolls in half with a serrated knife. Spread butter mixture on both cut sides.
3.Place one thin slice of ham and one slice of Swiss cheese (each cut to fit the roll) between the halves.
4.When ready to serve, wrap rolls in aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes or until warmed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment