Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wedding Shower Brunch, Part 4 (Putting It All Together)

In addition to the breakfast and lunch items, we had a few sweet treats to round out the menu. Given Lauren’s love for shortbread (and how easy it is to make), I chose my toasted coconut shortbread cookies. Lauren’s younger sister also helped out by bringing cupcakes up from a Richmond bakery.

With the menu all set, the next hurdle was how to decorate the space. As I previously mentioned, we used the community room in my apartment which had recently been renovated. As luck would have it the room’s décor was mainly blues and greens….which just so happen to be Lauren’s wedding colors! That made decorating a whole lot easier. Green and blue balloons helped create a festive atmosphere and I decorated the small tables where we’d be eating with green and white votive candles I just so happened to have at home. A vase of white tulips helped pull it all together.



For the buffet, I kept it simple. A blue table cloth helped make clean up a breeze and white and glass platters kept things simple. To help ensure that everyone knew what they were eating, I used green and white placecards (leftover from my own wedding) to make signs describing each dish. Finally, to make it easier for attendees to carry everything, I  pre-wrapped the silverware in napkins and tied with ribbon I already had (I got this idea from my friend Stephanie who did something similar for my wedding shower last year).


Lauren and her guests really seemed to enjoy themselves which made all the planning and work worth it! Now I’ve got to start working on that Matron of Honor speech for the wedding….

No comments:

Post a Comment